Eurozine Online Workshops
Strategies for cultural journal publishing today
On Thursday, 29 November 2018 (16:00-17:00 CET), Eurozine will hold an online workshop with Miriam Rasch, researcher at the Institute of Network Cultures in Amsterdam and one of the speakers at the 29th Meeting of Cultural Journals in Vienna. Following up on the presentation of best practices from the Netherlands, this session will discuss those and other examples of innovative cultural publishing further. Participants will exchange ideas and experiences in audience building, alternative revenue models and postdigital publishing workflows, and get inspired by insights from different countries and publishing cultures.
It’s free, technically easy (all you need is a computer with a webcam plus a headphone/microphone; see details below) and will take 1 hour.
Please let us know if you are interested in taking part by sending an email to email@example.com.
How it works
The meeting takes place in the comfort of your own home or office, via the free video conferencing service ZOOM
This is how it works:
- You will need a computer with internet access. Please, use a headset with microphone (for better audio quality) and a webcam. This way, you will be able to interact fully with the other participants.
- We will email you a link about one day beforehand that will allow you to enter the online conference room; open the link.
- After opening the link a program for your desktop computer or app for your smartphone or tablet will install.
- In case you’re asked to enter it – find the meeting ID in your email.
- You can install the software and test it by joining the above-mentioned room, which has already been set up, at any point in time. The webinar organizers will be present in the room for a test of your microphone from 15.30 CET
Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or feedback!