Eurozine Online Workshops
Eurozine hosted an online workshop dealing with podcasts as part of the Eurozine Online Workshops series. The meeting on 17 April 2019 was joined by 9 participants, including editors and cultural journalists from Austria, Croatia, Germany, Poland, Sweden and UK.
The editors first presented their own experiences and practices with producing podcasts. They shared what they have learned on their paths from ideas to podcasts releases and emphasized challenges they encountered. Presentations and a lively debate that followed covered a diverse range of issues, from technical to more editorial ones, including:
- Format – length, publishing frequency, language, structure
- Technical requirements – recording equipment and software, editing tools, distribution platforms
- Audience – target groups, audience development, engagement, membership platforms
- Content – relation between podcasts and other publishing media (e.g. journal)
- Cooperations with radio stations
Get inspired by the podcasts of journals of the Eurozine network:
Blätter für deutsche und internationale Politik (DE):
Index on Censorship (UK):
Krytyka Polityczna (PL)
Letras Libres – Mexican edition
New Eastern Europe (PL):
Nuori Voima (FI):
Eurozine Online Workshops are part of the project “Eurozine – Network of cultural journals”, which is co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.