Eurozine joins the European Young Reporter Award, organized for the second time by Reporters d’Espoirs, that encourages the practice of the French language and solutions journalism on a European scale. Dedicated to all young people aged 18 to 30, it will support journalistic quality reporting, covering issues and initiatives that contribute to an inspiring, solidary and sustainable society with a potential for European spin-off. Six reports will be recognized, awarded with 10,000€ in total:
● The report must be between 7,500 to 15,000 characters.
● It should address one or more successful initiatives (whether they are associative, entrepreneurial, public or private) which respond to one or more issues – social, ecological, economic – and contribute to the construction of an inspiring, united and sustainable society.
● It should contextualize the issue, take a critical look at the issue as much as the solution.
● It should take a critical look at the issue as much as at the suggested «solutions», their impact, and their spreading potential.
● It should mention the European dimension – for example with regard to the scale of the issue or of the addressed response, or with regard to the potential of the initiative to spread to other countries in Europe.
● Your report has not been published or has been published after the 1st of July, 2021 (in this case you must update your report).
Learn more about the call and apply until 20 April 2022 here.